Going on a Dvorak Expedition? Do not forget the following…
Even if you have been rafting, kayaking or fishing before, it never hurts to be reminded about those essential items which will maximize your comfort while on your river trip.
Here are some suggestions about what to bring with you
What to wear in the River?
- Hat for sun protection
- Polypro or synthetic layers (top & bottoms)
- Nylon/synthetic shorts or swimsuit – quick drying
- Nylon or synthetic shirt (avoid cotton!)
- Tennis shoes or sport sandals with straps
- Wool or polypro socks
- Rain parka and pants (provided by us)
- Long john wetsuit and booties (cold months or Class IV trips only) – call for rental rates
- Sunglasses with retainer strap
What to wear in a Camp at night?
- Short sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved shirts (one light, one warm)
- Warm jacket or windproof or Fleece (water resistant)
- Long pants (one light weight to block sun, one fleece or wool/warm for night)
- Camp shoes or lightweight hiking boots
- Wool or fleece hat
For Sleeping under the Stars
- Tent – lightweight with fly or ground sheet
- Sleeping pad – thermarest or equivalent
- Sleeping bag – lightweight, compact
Other recommended camping items
- Personal toiletries
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Insect repellant
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Prescription medications
- Retainer strap for prescription glasses
- Biodegradable soap and small towel
Other Optional Camping Items
- Camp chair (compact only)
- Waterproof Camera and film
- Reading materials
- Fishing gear and license
- Plastic containers with liquor, extra sodas, beer in cans.
Dvorak Expeditions offers a wide range of white water trips
on the Arkansas, Colorado, Dolores, Gunnison, Green, North Platte, Rio Grande, San Miguel and Salmon River. Whether you seek a family vacation in Class II or the rush of Class V white water, Dvorak Expeditions has an ideal rafting trip for you that will create lasting memories. Fly fish or spin fish trips are half day up to 5 days long. We are happy to customize guided fishing trips to give you the best value and variety in western trout fishing.
Bill and Jaci Dvorak have been operating Dvorak Rafting and Kayak Expeditions, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley at the headwaters of the Arkansas River in Colorado, since 1985. Contact us and we can help you plan the perfect adventure for you!