WORK WITH DVK
Dvorak Expeditions is seeking qualified candidates for a variety of staff and river guide positions. Check out our openings below!
We are hiring skilled guides to be a part of our knowledgeable team. As a Dvorak guide, you will be part of our success and growth as an outfitter.
DVK sells a service and quality delivery of that service is essential. One of your foremost tasks as a field guide is the knowledge and skills that provide a safe and responsible level of expertise as a river guide. As one of our guides, you are the first and foremost representative of our brand and business as you interact with our customers on a daily. DVK’s success and good reputation are achieved by the quality of your actions and demonstration of your skills. As repeat customers make up about 65% of our guests, your impression of the guests will carry a long way in the marketing of a successful season, now and in the future.
Hiring is done on the basis of maturity, leadership qualities, people and boating skills, as well as a compatible personality. State law requires that you be 18 years of age and have current first aid* (advanced in Utah) and CPR certification cards valid through the length of the season (March through September).
Our responsibility is to provide you with the best training available to give you the tools for success. We will include whitewater rescue training certification for first-year guides and interns. Advanced training is available for any new employees coming in with swift water rescue certification.
Download the PDF of our guide application here.
The online application is available at the tab on top of the page.
The basic instructional areas within our guide training and instruction include:
* Equipment selection
* Maintenance and repair of equipment
* Reading river flows, lines
* Scouting and running rapids
* Rescue and evacuation techniques
* Minimum impact camping
Whitewater Rafting Skills Include:
* Basic and technical whitewater strokes
* Eddy turns
* River hydrology
* River etiquette
- Beginner/Intermediate (River Class II-III),
- Intermediate/Advanced (River Class III-V).
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & SET UP INTERVIEW FOR WHITEWATER JOBS WITH DVORAK EXPEDITIONS!
Would you like to work as a professional Raft Guide?
REQUIREMENT CERTIFICATIONS for employment:
- Current First-aid/ CPR or greater certification
- Application / Resume
- River experience log (if applicable)
- Letters of reference (2)
- Included in training: Whitewater Rescue Technician Certification or equivalent.
- Interview with Operations Manager(s) 719 539-6851 Dvorak Expeditions
- Minimum age 18 years
River Guide Tuition Assistance Program:
The Dvorak tuition assistance program is a sponsored training opportunity that provides selected applicants with a 50% discount on guide school tuition that is paid at the time of enrollment. If the applicant completes guide school, is hired as a DVK guide, and completes 45 paid river days, the employee is eligible to have the remaining 50% cost of tuition reimbursed. Review the Tuition Assistance application tabbed above and complete with the guide application, or contact us for more details and commitment requirements. (800) 824-3795 or (719) 539-6851
- Complete the Guide Course Application for Tuition Assistance at the top of this page; TAB
SEASONAL RESERVATIONIST AND RETAIL CLERK POSITIONS
Dvorak Expeditions (DVK) is looking for full and part-time, seasonal reservationist & retail clerk person(s) in Colorado at our Arkansas River Main Base Operations located at 17921 US Highway 285, Nathrop, CO 81236
The ideal candidate for these positions will provide excellent customer service, ensure that a friendly and positive attitude is presented at contact by phone or at the front desk of the store. These positions require someone who is knowledgeable about the area, what we offer, smiles easily and will provide superlative guest service. Attention to detail is critical. This reservationist position is the first impression our guests receive on the phone and when arriving at the Dvorak Expeditions. Computer skills are necessary and in-house training is part of the Dvorak Expeditions booking agent position.
The person hired for this position must have a positive attitude about doing a variety of work and be a strong team member. This is a “hands on” and self-starting position that needs a person willing to jump in on a variety of things needed daily for the operations to run smoothly.
RESERVATIONIST AND/OR STORE CLERK DUTIES: (COMBINED)
• Open and/or close retail store daily.
• Greet guests when they arrive and answer questions, direct them to staging area for their trip. Parking locations, restrooms etc.
• Process check-in all guests and make new walk-in reservations with our reservation system.
• Take store sales daily with cash register.
• Remove and Record amount of cash in register at end of shift
• Keep daily record of sales.
• Maintain neatly organized stock throughout the store
• Arrange special sale and clearance items at the front of the store for maximum visibility
• Keep the store clean and orderly.
• Greet and check in rafters and campers
• Check portable guest toilets for litter, stock with TP, daily.
• Empty trash cans and oversee recycling as needed
• Excellent communications skills combined with an outgoing and friendly personality
• Ability to proactively address trip-related questions or concerns
• Legally able to work in the United States and speak fluent English
• Available to work from Memorial Day through Labor Day and adapt to changing schedules. Part-time flexible months.
• Detail-oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
• Clean and presentable appearance
• Physically fit as required to fulfill job duties.
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Basic computer knowledge
• “Handyperson” skills a plus
• Ideal candidates must be friendly, good with people and able to work with minimum amount of supervision
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT AND COMPENSATION:
• Full-time seasonal position (40 hours/week) May 1st-September 15th
• Part-time seasonal position (20 hours/week) May 1st-September 15th
• Hourly wage is $11-$15 per hour DOE
• Friends and Family Discounts on Dvorak Expedition Trips
• DVK Swag
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Reservationist /Clerk Positions.
* Download Employment Application
THOUGH APPLICATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED AT ANY TIME, MOST HIRING WILL BE DONE PRIOR TO THE SEASON START.
Thank you for your interest in joining Dvorak Expeditions Operations positions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Phone: (719) 539-6851
DVORAK EXPEDITIONS Working “INTERNSHIPS” / STUDENT PROGRAMS
Have the desire to learn & work in the outdoor industry?
Dvorak Expeditions is seeking qualified individuals or students looking for practical operations, office, marketing, and professional guiding experience with a professional outfitter. Interested candidates must submit an application (online), resume, and cover letter detailing their interest in this position, as well as personal and employer references. SEE outline PDF below for more details and requirements.
We are looking for individuals with superior academic work habits, strong written and verbal communication skills, and confident self-starters who can take initiative with various projects. We require a minimum of 12 weeks for all internships, and room and board options are available. We prefer you to consider arrival to join the guide school training course @ in May. See guide school application and the job description & requirements at the tab under guide positions.
In addition to real-world experience in the whitewater outfitting industry, this internship will offer practical experience in a variety of administrative functions, including but not limited to: general operations and office duties, writing, research & analysis, online marketing, blogging & social media, sustainability practices, and special events planning. We have management that will work with your academic institution to facilitate work-study credit.
The internships are open to all academic or trade majors, especially those with a concentration in tourism management, recreation & leisure studies, communications, marketing, sustainability, and outdoor education. Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this program, please email us (no calls please). We look forward to hearing from you! Attention Employment / Training
- 2021 Dvorak’s Internship description & requirements PDF printable
- If you have questions and have sent us your resume, application(s) you can call to set up an interview with our personal manager(s) at (800) 824-3795 or (719) 539-6851