GET READY FOR YOUR RIVER ADVENTURE
Please return the following forms at least a week before your trip and return to us via email (email@example.com) or (fax 719.539.3378).
- Assumption of Risk Waiver
- Trip Questionnaire and Passenger List
- Equipment Rental Form
- Contact Travelex Insurance Services at 1-800-228-9792. Product Location Number 06-0520
- PDF Acknowledgement of Risk Form – 1 per person
- Safety Video Produced by: “Colorado River Outfitters Association”
- Questionnaire – for kayaking, SUP, and rafting only.
- Review our Paddle School Course Outline (for paddle school students only).
- Assumption of Risk Waiver
Note: If you have booked a multi-sport combo or kayak, raft, or canoe instructional clinic using our equipment, rentals are included.
Gear We Rent
- Tent – 2-3 person, lightweight with fly-floor with groundsheet
- Sleeping pad – deluxe Paco Pads and Therma-rests
- Sleeping bag – 3-season, lightweight, compact, synthetic bags
- Long John Wetsuits
- Neoprene Boots
- Personal Floatation Device
How to Reserve:
Dvorak Expeditions recommends that you purchase a Travelex travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
For more information on the recommended plans or to enroll, visit their website or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 1-800-228- 9792 and use location number 06-0520.
Please Note: To be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion, the protection plan must be purchased within 21 days (Travel Select) or 30 days (Travel Max) from the time you make your initial trip deposit. However, the plan can be purchased any time prior to departure.
*For a summary of plan details on benefits, coverages, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the applicable Description of Coverage. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC #10952. 1308294
Arrival + Departure Information
Detailed confirmation trip notes will be emailed to you once you have booked, and will describe pickup and departure points, local lodging facilities, other necessary logistical information and details about food, alcohol and the equipment we provide for you as part of your trip package.
Gratuities + Guide Requests
Our guides work very hard to please you and provide an excellent experience. They appreciate whatever feedback you care to give them, including a gratuity if you so desire. DVK is proud of the fact that we can sometimes bring clients together with their favorite guides However guide requests are often not possible and cannot be guaranteed for a variety of reasons. We will do all we can to schedule you with the guide you have requested, but know that it may not always be feasible.
Our river trips are active participatory and are suitable for reasonably fit first-timers. It is your responsibility to understand the rigors of the trip and to represent to us that you are physically capable of participation. Although some trips are more strenuous then others, understand that they will be a dramatic change in routine for most people. Although we take all precautions for emergencies and safety of our guests, many of our trips occur at high altitudes and may be situated within remote canyons where access to electronic services is NOT available. Please let us know when you fill out your waiver/release form if you have special health needs (e.g. allergies or restrictions). If you have special dietary needs, we can usually accommodate you with advance notice when booking your adventure.
- Straw hat or cap for sun protection
- Poly-pro or synthetic layers (top & bottoms)
- Nylon/synthetic shorts or swimsuit – quick drying
- Nylon or synthetic shirt (Avoid cotton unless on mid summer desert trips i.e. Green, Gunnison, Colorado Rivers)
- Tennis shoes or water sport sandals with secure straps (Teva, Chaco, Keen style)
- Wool or poly-pro socks in shoes or sandals if cold water (neoprene boots available to rent)
- Rain parka and pants (DVK can provide by arrangement)
- Long john wetsuit and booties (cold months May, June, Sept or Class IV+ trips recommended) – See form above for rental rates
- Sunglasses with retainer strap
- Sunscreen and/or zinc (Cotton cover up clothing on longer trips)
- Short sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved shirts (one light, one warm)
- Warm jacket or windproof or Fleece (water resistant)
- Long pants (one light weight to block sun, one fleece or synthetic, wool/warm for night)
- Camp shoes or lightweight hiking shoes. (NO heavy boots)
- Stocking cap or wool , fleece type
- Tent – lightweight with fly-floor with ground sheet (DVK rentals; 2-3 person)
- Sleeping pad – inflatable backpack therm-a-rest or equivalent (DVK rents deluxe Paco Pads and Therma-rests)
- Sleeping bag – 3 season, lightweight, compact, synthetic holo-fill : (Down is risky near water sports)
- Personal toiletries
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Insect repellant
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Prescription medications
- Retainer strap for prescription glasses
- Biodegradable soap and small towel
- Camp chair (Example: Crazy Creek style compact only) (DVK provides low river chairs for guests)
- Waterproof Camera or Camera with waterproof case. (Not provided by DVK)
- Binoculars (waterproof case recommended) Pelican boxes are suggested.
- Reading materials: (No electronic items) (Good book, sketch book, bird book, flora/fauna book)
- Selected rivers may allow for Fishing upgrade: Needed tackle (rod/reels/flies/lures) Colorado license purchase prior to trip: (DVK has rentals available)
- PERSONAL DRINKS: Plastic containers with liquor, extra sodas, beer in cans. (CALL DVK can purchase on put on your tab)
NOTE: MULTI-DAY EXPEDITIONS ONLY: DVK will provide plenty of water, juice and drinks but if you would like some (limits) extra beverages to bring to river they must be plastic containers of liquor or canned beer or wine coolers. Please NO Glass! Complimentary wine with dinners and some soft drinks will be provided although if you prefer a certain soda or NO soft drinks, please let us know in advance of your trip.
- CANYONLANDS RIVER GUIDE, Bill and Buss Belknap
- COLORADO OUTWARD BOUND RAFTING MANUAL, Al Brown
- DESERT SOLITAIRE, Edward Abbey / McGraw Hill
- DESOLATION RIVER GUIDE, Laura Evans and Buss Belknap
- DINOSAUR RIVER GUIDE, Laura Evans and Buss Belknap
- EXPLORATION OF THE COLORADO RIVER AND IT’S CANYONS, J.W. Powell Dover Publications
- PETERSON FIELD GUIDE SERIES, Houghton Mifflin Co
- FIELD GUIDE TO ANIMAL TRACKS, Olas J. Murie
- FIELD GUIDE TO ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILDFLOWERS, Johna Frank Craighead with Ray Davis
- FIELD GUIDE TO WESTERN BIRDS, Roger Tory Pererson
- FIELD GUIDE TO WESTERN REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS, Robert C. Stebbins
- THE MAN WHO WALKED THRU TIME, Colin Fletcher / Alfred A. Knopf
- THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG, Edward Abbey / McGraw Hill
- RIVER RUNNING, Verne Huser / Henry Regnery & Co
- RIVERS OF COLORADO, Earl Perry / American Canoe Assoc.
- RUN RIVER RUN Ann Zwinger / Harper and Row
- A SAND COUNTY ALMANAC, Aldo Leopold / Oxford Univ. Press
- WHITE WATER RAFTING, William McGinnis / Quadrangle