GET READY FOR YOUR RIVER ADVENTURE
Secure your Colorado Fishing Licenses online.
Dvorak Expeditions recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans can include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
Why is travel insurance so important?
In today’s changing travel environment, it’s important to protect your travel investment so you can relax and enjoy your trip. Unforeseen events such as flight delays, baggage loss or even a sudden sickness or injury could impact your travel plans. For your convenience, we offer a Travelex Insurance Services protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For more information on the available plans click here or contact Travelex Insurance 800-228-9792 and reference location number 06-0520.
The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries and may be changed without notice. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. Travelex Insurance Services, Inc CA Agency License #0D10209. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. V94
Arrival + Departure Information
Detailed confirmation trip notes will be emailed to you once you have booked, and will describe pickup and departure points, local lodging facilities, other necessary logistical information and details about food, alcohol and the equipment we provide for you as part of your trip package.
Gratuities + Guide Requests
Our guides work very hard to please you and provide an excellent experience. They appreciate whatever feedback you care to give them, including a gratuity if you so desire. DVK is proud of the fact that we can sometimes bring clients together with their favorite guides However guide requests are often not possible and cannot be guaranteed for a variety of reasons. We will do all we can to schedule you with the guide you have requested, but know that it may not always be feasible.
Our river trips are active participatory and are suitable for reasonably fit first-timers. It is your responsibility to understand the rigors of the trip and to represent to us that you are physically capable of participation. Although some trips are more strenuous then others, understand that they will be a dramatic change in routine for most people. Although we take all precautions for emergencies and safety of our guests, many of our trips occur at high altitudes and may be situated within remote canyons where access to electronic services is NOT available. Please let us know when you fill out your waiver/release form if you have special health needs (e.g. allergies or restrictions). If you have special dietary needs, we can usually accommodate you with advance notice when booking your adventure.
Please Sign Waiver online and/or download and fill out these forms. Return them to us prior to your trip departure date. Dvorak Exp. 17921 US Highway 285, Nathrop, CO 81236
- COVID 19 Questionnaire (June 30, 2020)
- Dvorak Shuttle Agreement-Waiver
- Dvorak Equipment Rental Agreement-Waiver
- Rafting SmartWaiver Sign Online-1 per person
- Acknowledgement of Risk PDF Form Printable
- General Trip Questionnaire and Passenger List
- Instructional Questionnaire – Paddle School Courses.
Return your completed form to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Hat for sun protection
- Poly-pro or synthetic layers (top & bottoms)
- Nylon/synthetic shorts or swimsuit – quick drying
- Nylon or synthetic shirt (Avoid cotton unless on mid summer desert trips i.e. Green, Gunnison, Colorado Rivers)
- Watersport shoes/sandals with secure straps (Teva, Chaco, Keen style)
- Wool or poly-pro socks in shoes or sandals if cold water (neoprene boots available to rent)
- Rain parka and pants (DVK can provide by arrangement)
- Long john wetsuit and booties (cold months May, June, Sept or Class IV+ trips recommended) – See form above for rental rates
- Sunglasses with retainer strap
- Sunscreen and/or zinc (Cotton cover up clothing on longer trips)
- Short sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved shirts (one light, one warm)
- Warm jacket or windproof or Fleece (water resistant)
- Long pants (one light weight to block sun, one fleece or synthetic, wool/warm for night)
- Camp shoes or lightweight hiking shoes. (NO heavy boots)
- Stocking cap or wool , fleece type
- Tent – lightweight with fly-floor with ground sheet (DVK rentals; 2-3 person)
- Sleeping pad – inflatable backpack therm-a-rest or equivalent (DVK rents deluxe Paco Pads and Therma-rests)
- Sleeping bag – 3 season, lightweight, compact, synthetic holo-fill (Down is not ideal for water sports)
- Personal toiletries
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Insect repellant
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Prescription medications
- Retainer strap for prescription glasses
- Biodegradable soap and small towel
- Camp chair (Example: Crazy Creek style compact only) (DVK provides low river chairs for guests)
- Waterproof Camera or Camera with waterproof case. (Not provided by DVK)
- Binoculars (waterproof case recommended) Pelican boxes are suggested.
- Reading materials: Good book, sketch book, bird book, flora/fauna book (No electronic items).
- Selected rivers may allow for Fishing upgrade: Needed tackle (rod/reels/flies/lures) Colorado license purchase prior to trip: (DVK has rentals available)
- PERSONAL DRINKS: Plastic containers with liquor, extra sodas, beer in cans. (CALL DVK to purchase or put on your tab)
- NOTE: MULTI-DAY EXPEDITIONS ONLY: DVK will provide plenty of water, juice and drinks but if you would like some (limits) extra beverages to bring to river they must be plastic containers of liquor or canned beer or wine coolers. No glass please! Complimentary wine with dinners and some soft drinks will be provided although if you prefer a certain soda or NO soft drinks, please let us know in advance of your trip.
Note: If you have booked a multi-sport combo or kayak, raft, or canoe instructional clinic using our equipment, rentals are included.
Gear We Rent:
- Tent – 2-3 person, lightweight with fly-floor with groundsheet
- Sleeping pad – deluxe Paco Pads and Therma-rests
- Sleeping bag – 3-season, lightweight, compact, synthetic bags
- Long John Wetsuits
- Neoprene Boots
- Personal Floatation Device
How to Reserve:
Arkansas River Fact Sheet
Colorado River Fact Sheet
Dolores River Fact Sheet
Green River Fact Sheet
Gunnison River Fact Sheet
North Platte River Fact Sheet
Rio Grande Fact Sheet
San Miguel River Fact Sheet
Trip-Specific Fact Sheets
5 Day Multi Sport Itinerary Example
Green River Classical Music Journey
Gunnison Gorge Packing List – 2-3 Day Trip
Gunnison River Fishing Trips Gear List
John Fielder Gunnison River Gorge 3 Day Photography Workshop
Music Journey Welcome Letter
Teenage Whitewater Skills Camp Fact Sheet