DVORAK’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19 FOR FUTURE BOOKINGS & ADJUSTMENTS 2020
OFFERING RAFTING TRIPS ON (7) SELECTED RIVERS JUNE 1ST FORWARD
| WATERSPORT RENTALS – ALL CRAFTS AND GEAR
IN COLORADO’S (Arkansas River Valley) & SHUTTLES FOR PRIVATE AND
CUSTOM FLOAT FISHING TRIPS ON Gold Medal waters! SPECIALTY
READY FOR A FACE WASH AFTER ALL THAT HAND WASHING?
Dear Fellow Travelers and Boating Guests,
As the COVID19 pandemic has evolved these last few months, creating uncertain public
health issues affecting people globally and close to home. Everyone at Dvorak
Expeditions wants to reassure everyone that nothing is more important than the health,
safety, and well-being of you, our guests, and our staff. Although the rafting season is in
Phase 1-2 restrictions on all our rivers through June 1, 2020, we have several early
bookings with minimum deposits to hold spaces . Like everyone in the hospitality and
tourism industry, our small family-owned business and employees are getting beaten up
by this pandemic. We know in this difficult time for you, as well, and we desire to do
right by our valued rafting family. We understand why you may need to cancel your
trip(s), and you will incur some fees associated with a cancelation or adjustment due to
COVID 19 issues.
ENHANCED SCREENING AND PREVENTION WITH NEW FLEXIBLE TRANSFER
POLICIES (updated May 19, 2020)
We still don’t know what the future holds, but we’re proceeding with preparing a plan to
operate this season and will provide more details and share with you our mitigation plan
as we learn more on the state, public lands, and rivers we will be operating.
ALL CANCELLATIONS OF DVORAK’S TRIPS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A
ROLLING BASIS 30 DAYS before DEPARTURES, AND WE MAY DELAY MAKING A
FINAL DETERMINATION UNTIL 14 DAYS before DEPARTURE(S).
To provide for some additional flexibility during these uncertain times, DVK has modified
our cancel/transfer policies for many of our trips, which will allow you, under specific
criteria, fees. We can transfer your trip payments as (Store Credits), to an eventual
departure through 2021. We acknowledge that a full refund is among your options
when DVK cancels a trip, we’re asking our guests to consider postponing instead of
canceling, which will help our company and employees weather this unprecedented
storm! Please do reach out to our reservation specialists, and we’ll work out a suitable
plan for your future adventure this season or 2021. We’ll be happy to offer a 10%
discount on our 2021 dates if you choose to book now in advance.
We are closely monitoring the situation for all our activities and are in contact with
outfitting organizations, state and local government, and health officials to continue to
assess the situation. Public reporting from the World Health Organization’s (WHO)
guidance for responding to is also monitoring the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
The evolving nature of this COVID-19 event requires us to be flexible in how we, as
outfitters, respond and provide services to our guests. At this time, the outfitting
industry, in general, has been encouraged to:
Pre-trip protocols for guests & staff. Check for any COVID exposure no less
than 14 days before your trip.
Add additional hand sanitizing stations to high trafficked locations.
Increase the frequency of disinfection and cleaning of all facilities,
equipment, and vehicles.
Continue to adhere to strict guidelines regarding food prep and kitchen
Require all employees and staff who appear symptomatic to stay home.
Limit transportation capacities in shuttles to half.
Masks are required mostly for activities and during close distancing.
As a long-standing outfitter, we also understand the difficulty around making advance
trip decisions during these uncertain times and want you to feel confident in doing so.
So, please inquire with us, Dvorak Expeditions, about our more specific cancellation
policies for your reserved trip, during this time.
Thank you from Your Adventure Specialist!
Sincerely & Stay Safe,