10 Reasons To Go Kayaking!
Rafting may be one of our favorite activities on the water, but there is plenty of other watercraft to take to the rapids! Kayaking is a huge part of our life here at DVK and we want it to be part of your life too. With amazing health, mental, and athletic benefits Kayaking is the perfect spot for anyone looking to have a good time. Here are 10 Reasons why we think you should go for a paddle this summer.
Low Impact Cardio: Kayaking is a great way to get in some low impact cardio. It’s easy on your legs and hips making it a great cardio alternative to running or biking. Paddling is low impact but still builds up your heart rate so that you’re getting a great cardio workout that will help increase the number of capillaries in the muscles you’re using.
2. Versatile: Kayaks are durable and can travel easily on any trip. Depending on what exactly you want to do with your kayak there are many options to shape, size, and material. Whitewater kayaks are made of hard plastic and can take a beating, but inflatable kayaks are easily folded up and can travel with you wherever you go!
3. Core Workout: You can, however, get that six-pack within a very short amount of time with kayaking. The rotational paddling movements you make during kayaking give your core muscles quite some good demanding exercise. This will also give your biceps and triceps an excellent workout, leaving you with bulky and firm looking arms.
4. Get Strong Arms: Kayaking is great for many athletic reasons but one of the most noticeable improvements you will see to your body is your arms. Paddling around on any body of water is going to improve your arm strength and build muscle. So if you are looking to show off your “guns” anytime soon then grab a kayak and get to it!
5. Enjoy Nature: Here at DVK we inspire to spend as much time in the outdoors as possible. Kayaking is just another avenue for you to get some vitamin D, enjoy the outdoors, and have some fun. Kayaks are great for almost any body of water from rivers to oceans so wherever you find yourself you can get outside.
6. Great for all Ages: Since kayaks come in so many different shapes, sizes, and functions its a great activity for the whole family. Inflatable Kayaks, also known as duckies are great for beginners and one of the easiest watercraft to navigate. Kayaks can also be built to hold one or two people so parents can sit with young kids easily.
7. Meet new people: New sports means new people. Kayaking will open a whole new crew for you to paddle with.
8. Its fun: At the end of the day were all just looking to add more fun to our lives. Kayaking is great for your health but where it really shines is it is great for your spirit! Take a paddle and dive into this new adventure and you definitely won’t regret all the fun times ahead.
9. Room to grow: You will never get tired and bored of kayaking because you can always make it different or harder. Change the scenery or paddle bigger rapids and you will have a sport that you can grow and improve with for a lifetime.
10. Stress Relief: Nature, exercise, friends, sunshine, and adventures are all proven ways to lower stress. So next time you’re feeling overwhelmed grab your kayak and head out for a paddle. Your mind and body will thank you