8 Reasons to Give the Gift of Adventure with Dvorak Expeditions
[mk_image src=”https://www.dvorakexpeditions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/01.png” image_width=”600″ image_height=”900″ crop=”true” lightbox=”false” frame_style=”simple” target=”_self” caption_location=”inside-image” align=”center” margin_bottom=”10″]
Here are our top 8 reasons why spending time outside will make you healthier and happier! Not sure what outdoor activity is best for you? Do not worry, there are plenty to choose from! Try rafting down the Arkansas River, learning balance on a stand up paddle board, try out fly fishing, or even ride a mountain bike on some of the best trails in Colorado.
- Enhance Creativity – Got writer’s block? Put the computer and phone down and hit the trails. Spending time in nature helps the brain to open up and explore new ideas.
2. Boost Immune System – Immersing yourself in the elements has been proven to boost immune system function and lower levels of inflammation in the body.
3. Vitamin D – Vitamin D is vital for healthy bones and tissue, and can fight off a number of health conditions, from osteoporosis and cancer to depression and heart attacks.
5. Improve Vision – Research has shown that spending time outside, in nature, cannot only slow the progression of poor vision but can actually reverse the process of vision degeneration.
6. Mental Health – Reduces stress levels, decreases ADHD, improves focus, concentration, and work productivity.
7. Environmental awareness – In a world of social media and internet, it’s easy to get caught up in material things. Spending time outside helps us to realize how truly beautiful the world we live in is. Spread the passion of the outdoors with everyone in your life.
8. Learn mindfulness – Just a walk outside will make you aware of your surroundings. Listening to the birds chirp and watch the trees sway. Any time spent in nature can bring you back to the simple joys of life.
So give the gift of the outdoors this year! With rafting, paddleboarding, fishing, and more, we promise the trip of a lifetime for anyone on your gift list! Book now or call us if you’d like some help planning the perfect adventure for everyone on your list.