Paddle through the pink Granite walls of Browns Canyon National Monument and enjoy whitewater thrills on the Arkansas River. Put in near Buena Vista, Colorado, and travel 12 miles through remote wilderness where wildlife still resides in natural beauty under the big Colorado sky.
The Numbers Rafting Trip
- Half Day - 3.5 Hours
- Adult Ages 18+
- Full Day - 6.5 Hours
- Adult Ages 18+
- Double Dip Adult Ages 18+ • Extreme Raft Experience! • Run the same route twice
Such a rewarding challenge!
Rapids: Class IV
Situated in the heart of the Rockies, the Arkansas River threads its way through a whitewater paradise in the center of Colorado. From the headwaters at Leadville, Colorado (11,000 ft.), you will run the Numbers 1-7 rapids which is truly home to world class challenges of class IV rapids – running solid thrills from top to bottom. An incredible section with Pine forest lining the river banks and the peaks of the Collegiate Mountains tower over 14,000 feet above the river corridor!
- All equipment and gear included
- Your endurance and paddle experience will be tested here
- Early meeting required for this trip at our Nathrop office 10 miles south of Buena Vista on Highway 285
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.
What to Bring
- Splash jackets/pants are provided (or you can bring your own)
- Nylon shorts and non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Light water resistant jacket
- Pair of tennis shoes – tie-on preferred (NO sandals) or wet boots
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sun glasses with loss protector/keeper, with UV protection
- Sunscreen (you’ll be at over 8000′ altitude – lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Personal water bottle that can be secured (with a clip)