Yoga Journey | 6 Day Trip | Green River, UT
6 DAY YOGA JOURNEY
This environment epitomizes the word wilderness. The scale, diversity and vibe of Desolation canyon puts you into a state of awed wonder, makes you feel small and yet, peaceful and engaged with the planet. We’ll supplement your connection to nature with nutrient-rich natural meals and fresh wholesome snacks, using organic whenever possible. We also include options for massage, journaling, meditation, stargazing, and learning about Native American history.
John Wesley Powell declared this canyon wilderness “A region of wildest desolation”. These canyons are the most remote places in the continental U.S. bounded on one side by the Ute Indian reservation and road less Utah desert on the other. Outlaws and characters like Butch Cassidy and Flat-nosed Curry escaped to the remoteness of this canyon. Today Desolation and Gray remain some of the wildest desert canyon territory in the U.S. Home of the Fremont Indian pictographs, abandoned homesteads, shadow filled grottoes and the Green River. Over 60 rapids, side canyon hikes, excellent paddling for beginner to intermediate levels. This location is ideal for river SUP, with warm, gentle water, and a smattering of riffles and rapids to give adventurous participants a chance to test their mettle on beginner-level whitewater or just ride the raft and take pictures. And it seems tailor made for supporting a yoga practice—there’s no cell phone service in this steep, primordial canyon, just untrammeled wilderness preserved by a history of deep reverence for the land.
Includes: This trip is fully raft-supported by a team of Dvorak Expedition’s top guides and chefs, ensuring your safety, and the highest quality food and equipment. Stand-up paddleboard, lifejacket, helmet, and paddle rental are all included in the cost as well as 1 night pre-trip accommodation, flight to put-in, taxes, and all gourmet meals on the river.
Additional cost: camping gear, and transportation to and from Grand Junction.Please call our reservation specialists for more details and group inquiry for this Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Journey.
6 Days | 84 Miles | Class II-III Rapids
Activity Level: Moderate
Pricing: $1895 Per Person
THE TRIP PACKAGE
The following are included in your Dvorak Expedition
- All boating equipment/life jackets/drinking water
- Pre-and post-trip arrangements as described
- 5-6 days of rafting or instructional seminar
- All on-river meals (lunch day 1 through lunch last day)
- Rain jacket with pants (PVC)
- Eating utensils, plates, complimentary Dvorak cup
- Waterproof dry bags/containers for personal gear
- 6-man rain tarps for shelter in kitchen area
You are responsible for the following
- Transportation to the arranged meeting point or put-in
- Meals and lodging at the arranged meeting point
- Personal clothing and other sundry items
- Transportation at the arranged drop off point.
- Pre-and post-lodging and meals
DVK WILL PROVIDE THIS EQUIPMENT:
We furnish rugged inflatable self-bailing rafts 12 to 16 feet in length. We provide all necessary river equipment, PFDs (Type V), waterproof dry bags for personal gear, first-aid and safety supplies. There is a guide on every raft and ratio of 1 to 4 on any instructional clinic. In addition, we have rental equipment that consists of tents, sleeping bags, pads, and ground sheets. We also have wetsuit and boot rentals available per day or trip. You can choose to be either in a paddle raft (participatory) or an oared raft, (passenger). Paddle rafts have 4 to 6 persons and 1 guide.
Please limit your gear to 30 pounds in weight. It should be able to be packed into standard duffel bag. This list should cover everything for a safe, comfortable trip.
- Compact sleeping bag (not down) with Insolite pad
- Small backpack style tent w/ fly & ground sheet
- Long john style wetsuit/boots for cold months *
- Long pants (one light weight to block the sun & one warm wool or pile/fleece type*)
- Nylon shorts or swimsuit under wetsuit
- Long sleeved shirts (one warm*/one light weight)
- Non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Warm jacket*, wind proof or Fleece, water resistant
- Pair of tennis shoes - tie on preferred or wet boots.
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sunglasses with loss protector/keeper (with UV protection
- Sun block (over 5,000' altitude - lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Rain gear is provided unless you want to bring your own
- Small towel / biodegradable soap/shampoo/lotion etc.
- Flashlight and extra batteries with new bulb.
- Bandanna and a pair of light gloves for sun protection.
- Personal items kit (hygiene) medicines etc.
- Waterproof camera or a very good waterproof case.
- EXTRA BEVERAGES - PLASTIC containers of liquor, CANNED beer wine coolers. An adequate supply of soft drinks is provided. If you prefer diet drinks, please request them in advance. Wine is provided with evening meals.
- OPTIONAL ITEMS: Field glasses, protection, Journal notebook, book, pliers (for use in taking things from fire i.e. coffee, hot water, etc.), Day pack for side hikes and extra Zip Lock Bags.
RENTALS - TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS & WETSUITS
- $15 Lightweight Sleeping Bag with Ensolite pad
- $25 Three-man dome tent with floor & ground sheet one night, $50 two nights
- $ 10 Thermarest Sleep pad, inflatable
- $20 Long John Wetsuit with booties
- $50 Waders and boots for 3 days
Note: These items need to be reserved and payment is due along with your trip balance 45 days prior to departure. Be sure to give your height, weight, and shoe size for wetsuit rentals.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Please read our cancellation policy carefully, as it applies in every instance. If YOU must cancel your reservation, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Our cancellation policy is firm. We operate under stringent federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. We incur substantial expenses before each trip departs. In the event of late cancellation, Dvorak Expeditions cannot recover costs, nor can we make refunds.
A minimum advance deposit 25% of trip cost per person is required when making reservations. The total is due 45 days prior to trip. Contract deposit negotiations on groups. When cancellations are made more than 45 days before the trip - all moneys are refunded LESS a $100 per person fee. If cancellation is made less than 45 days before the trip, the deposit of 25% per person is non-refundable. With less than 14 days’ notice, NO monies are refunded (this includes all credit card charges).
BY AIR: Arrive in Grand Junction, Colorado the day prior to your trip. There will be a pre-trip orientation meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the Grande Vista Hotel that evening to go over trip logistics and answer questions. The following morning the Grande Vista will provide transportation to the Grand Junction Airport West Star Aviation Bldg. by 7:00 a.m. You will check in at the charter air terminal just east of the main commercial terminal and inform them that you are there to catch a Red Tail Aviation charter flight at 8:00* a.m. (Some flight times vary - see confirmation letter). The flight to the put-in takes approximately 45 minutes. It will fly over the Green River on the way.
Arrive in Green River, Utah by car or plane the day prior to your trip. The morning your trip begins, drive out to Red Tail Aviation at the Green River Municipal Airport for your 7:00* a.m. flight to the river. There is no pre-trip meeting in Green River. Parking at the airport is secure.The landing strip is on the mesa above the river. Wait there for our vehicle to pick you up to take you down to the launch area at the river.Any extra belongings, valuables or equipment not needed on the river trip should be stored at your hotel/motel.
Red Tail Aviation For information (800) 842.9251 in Moab, UT Dvorak's will make your reservations for your trip flights
BY CAR: You will need to arrive in Grand Junction for the pre-trip orientation meeting the night before your trip or arrive at the West Star Aviation Airport in Grand Junction at 7:00* a.m. the morning your trip beginsAlternatively you can arrive at the Green River Municipal Airport, four miles south of Green River, Utah, at 6:45 a.m. on the morning of the first day of your trip. Report to Red Tail Aviation at the terminal office for your flight at 7:00* a.m. to the Green River.Any extra belongings, valuables or equipment not needed on the river trip should be stored in your vehicle.
BY TRAIN: Amtrak does run through Grand Junction and near Green River Utah. http://www.amtrak.com/west-train-bus-stations If you are interested to take the train instead of flying this is an excellent option for families or individuals who have the extra travel days either side your trip dates.