Little Gore Canyon | Multi Day | Family Rafting | Colorado River, CO
LITTLE GORE CANYON FAMILY RAFTING ADVENTURE
This legendary trip on the world renown Colorado River, which is over 1400 miles long, begins in the headwaters of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Downstream of the ragging “Gore Canyon” the river quiets to a family whitewater trip of class II to III rapids “Little Gore” Canyon. This is the second boat-able section of the river. Alpine scenery, historic points, hot springs and milder whitewater make this a great family trip and all within an easy 3 hour drive from Denver. Alpine scenery, historic points, hot springs and milder whitewater make this a great family trip and all within an easy drive from Denver.
This is a great FAMILY rafting trip. Call for our special rates on groups, family reunions and corporate incentive trips. Minimum age is 5 years old.
With its head waters just a few miles upstream among the peaks in the Rocky Mountain National Park, this is one of the first boat able sections of the river. Little Gore Canyon features clear water and mild yet exciting whitewater that can be enjoyed in rafts, kayaks, SUP’s and inflatable kayaks. This is an excellent trip for the entire family. The put in point is an easy three hour drive west of Denver 12 miles west of Kremmling, Colorado. This easy access for traveling families and friends, is a close proximity to Denver and DIA airport makes this trip one of the top choices for beginners and old hands alike looking for a ride on the upper sections of the mighty Colorado River. This is one of the west’s major rivers providing the drainage system for 1/2 of the continental United States over its 1,400 mile length. These upper sections also offer decent trout fishing for those that would like to bring your fishing pole along.
General Itinerary For Multi-Day Expedition
When you reserve your adventure with Dvorak Rafting & Kayak Expeditions, you will be taken care of from the time you meet us until we send you on your way at the end. Once we are a river family, we will designate the rafters and kayakers to their crafts and we will be on our way. “We are now officially on “River Time”.
Dawn is accompanied by the sweet morning chorus of the river birds singing, rustling tents opening, and nature stretching its wings and the call of “Kawfeee” hot and rich to your senses
THE RIVER DANCE BEGINS
First timers will rest assured that when we arrive to camp for the night your guides will set up camp and help you or show you how to set up tents. Let us know if there’s a birthday or anniversary in your party and the kitchen crew serve up something special.
A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP
Sleeping well is an essential luxury of any vacation. Our guests bed down in roomy four season tents with floors, warm sleeping bags, atop self-inflating pads.
2-DAY RAFTING TRIP
From $323 per person
3-DAY RAFTING TRIP
From $481 per person
4-DAY RAFTING TRIP
From $589 per person
The following are included in your Dvorak Expedition
- All boating equipment/life jackets/drinking water
- All on-river meals (lunch day 1 through lunch last day)
- Rain jacket with pants (PVC)
- Eating utensils, plates, complimentary Dvorak cup
- Waterproof dry bags/containers for personal gear
- 6-man rain tarps for shelter and kitchen area
DVORAK'S WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
We furnish rugged inflatable self-bailing rafts 12 to 16 feet in length. We provide all necessary river equipment, PFDs (Type V), waterproof dry bags for personal gear, first-aid and safety supplies. There is a guide on every raft and ratio of 1 to 4 on any instructional clinic. In addition, we have rental equipment that consist of tents, sleeping bags, pads, and ground sheets. We also have wetsuit and boot rentals available per day or trip. You can choose to be either in a paddle raft (participatory) or an oared raft, (passenger). Paddle rafts have 4 to 6 persons and 1 guide.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Transportation to the arranged meeting point or put-in
- Meals and lodging at the arranged meeting point
- Personal clothing and other sundry items
- Transportation, meals and lodging at the arranged drop off point.
RIVER TRIP EQUIPMENT LIST
Please limit your gear to 30 pounds in weight. Drybag is 3.3cu-ft. It should be able to be packed into a standard duffel bag. This list should cover everything for a safe, comfortable trip.
- Compact sleeping bag (not down) with foam pad
- Small backpack style tent w/ fly & ground sheet
- Long john style wetsuit/boots for cold months *
- Long pants (one light weight to block the sun & one warm wool or pile/fleece type*)
- Nylon shorts or swimsuit under wetsuit
- Long sleeved shirts (one warm*/one light weight)
- Non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Warm jacket*, wind proof or Fleece, water resistant
- Pair of tennis shoes - tie on preferred or wet boots.
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sunglasses with loss protector/keeper (with UV protection
- Sun block (over 5,000' altitude - lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Rain gear is provided unless you want to bring your own
- Small towel / biodegradable soap / shampoo / lotion etc.
- Flashlight and extra batteries with new bulb.
- Bandana and a pair of lite gloves for sun protection.
- Personal items kit (hygiene) medicines etc.
- Waterproof camera or a very good waterproof case.
- EXTRA BEVERAGES - PLASTIC containers of liquor, CANNED beer wine coolers. An adequate supply of soft drinks is provided. If you prefer diet drinks, please request them in advance. Complimentary wine is provided with evening meals.
- OPTIONAL ITEMS: Field glasses with waterproof protection, Journal notebook, book, pliers (for use in taking things from fire i.e. coffee, hot water, etc.), Day pack for side hikes & Extra Zip Lock Bags. Small travel pillow.
* Can be excluded during warmer weather
RENTALS - TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS & WETSUITS
- $15 Lightweight Sleeping Bag with Ensolite pad
- $25 Three-man dome tent with floor & ground sheet one night, $50 two nights
- $ 10 Therma-Rest Sleep pad, inflatable
- $20 Long John Wetsuit with booties
- $50 Waders and boots for 3 days
Note: These items need to be reserved and payment is due along with your trip balance 45 days prior to departure. Be sure to give your height, weight, and shoe size for wetsuit rentals.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Please read our cancellation policy carefully, as it applies in every instance. If YOU must cancel your reservation, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Our cancellation policy is firm. We operate under stringent federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. We incur substantial expenses before each trip departs. In the event of late cancellation, Dvorak Expeditions cannot recover costs, nor can we make refunds.
A minimum advance deposit 25% of trip cost per person is required when making reservations. The total is due 45 days prior to trip. Contract deposit negotiations on groups. When cancellations are made more than 45 days before the trip - all moneys are refunded LESS a $100 per person fee. If cancellation is made less than 45 days before the trip, the deposit of 25% per person is non-refundable. With less than 14 days’ notice, NO monies are refunded (this includes all credit card charges).
By Plane: The closest airport is Denver International. Arrive the day prior to your trip. You will need to arrange for a rental car from this point. You will be traveling approximately 3 hours west on I-70 towards Dillon, CO Go north from Dillon towards Kremmling. Your river trip will begin Just 12 miles southwest of Kremmling at river put in site (Pump house) at 8:30am the day your trip begins. Dvorak’s will make shuttle arrangements for your vehicle to be shuttled to the finish point through The CO Shuttle Service. The cost will vary with the trip length. You can arrange to leave any personal gear at your lodging until the finish of the trip or in your vehicle that will be at the trip’s end. PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM YOUR SHUTTLE ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR TO TRIP.
By Car: You will need to arrive at the put-in (see map-the Pump house) by 8:30am the morning your trip begins. Report to your Dvorak trip leader near the river put-in. The guides will assist you in packing your personal gear into dry bags and issue any rented items for your packing as well. PLEASE CONFIRM ALL CAMPING RENTALS AND VEHICLE SHUTTLE ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR TO TRIP MEETING.
Alternatively, you can arrive at the put-in the night before the trip begins, where camping is an option. There are only primitive amenities at the campsite. We can arrange to have your vehicle shuttled to the take-out point. There is an additional charge for this shuttle service per vehicle: cost depends on the length of your trip. Any personal items should be stored in your vehicle unless you make alternate arrangements prior to your trip.
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AT TRIP’S END
Although you can usually make a connecting flight home from Grand Junction after 7:00 p.m. on the last day of the trip, we recommend you fly out the following morning in case inclement weather or other circumstances delays your arrival in Denver. Remember, "River Time" is unpredictable.
We recommend the following for pre-and post-trip:
Grand Vista Hote
752 Horizon Driv
Grand Junction, Co 8150
(800) 800-7796 or (970)241-1077 fax
For Little Gore Canyon, only one available near put-in
Bob’s Western Mote
110 West Park Ave. (Hwy 40 West of Town
Kremmling, CO 8045
Historic Hotel Colorado
526 Pine Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
Hot Springs Lodge & Pool
P.O. Box 308
Glenwood Sps, CO 81602
Most Major motels are available in the Dillon and Grand Junction, CO area, also a variety of restaurants to choose from. Kremmling: The Wagon Wheel and The Moose are great breakfast and evening meal options.