Little Gore Canyon | Full Day Rafting | Colorado River, CO
RAFTING TRIP THROUGH THE LITTLE GORE CANYON ON THE COLORADO RIVER
Great Option for Families
The legendary Colorado River, over 1400 miles long, the headwaters start just above Little Gore Canyon near Granby, Colorado. This is one of the first boat-able intermediate/beginner sections of the river.
Alpine scenery, historic points, hot springs and milder whitewater make this a great family trip and all within an easy 3-hour drive from Denver.
*Requires a minimum of 6+ people to run
*Call for more details
1 Day | 23 Miles – Class II-III Rapids
Activity Level: Moderate
Pricing: $109 Per Person
The following are included in your Dvorak Expedition: All boating equipment/life jackets/drinking water.All on-river meals (lunch day 1 through lunch last day). By arrangement prior to the trip rain jacket with pants. Eating utensils, plates, complimentary Dvorak souvenir cup, Waterproof dry bags (3.3 cu.ft) for personal gear. Rain tarps for shelter in the kitchen area.
DVORAK'S WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
We furnish rugged inflatable self-bailing rafts 12 to 16 feet in length. We provide all necessary river equipment, PFDs (Type V), waterproof dry bags for personal gear, first-aid and safety supplies. There is a guide on every raft and ratio of 1 to 4 on any instructional clinic. In addition, we have rental equipment that consist of tents, sleeping bags, pads, and ground sheets. We also have wetsuit and boot rentals available per day or trip. You can choose to be either in a paddle raft (participatory) or an oared raft, (passenger). Paddle rafts have 4 to 6 persons and 1 guide.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Transportation to the arranged meeting point or put-in
- Pre and post meals and lodging near the arranged meeting point
- Personal clothing and other sundry items (see list)
- Possible shuttle of personal vehicle to take out locations. (Request details)
RIVER TRIP EQUIPMENT LIST
Please limit your gear to 30 pounds in weight. Drybag is 3.3cu-ft. It should be able to be packed into a standard duffel bag. This list should cover everything for a safe, comfortable trip.
- Compact synthetic filled sleeping bag (not down)
- Sleeping pad (backpack size) inflatable/insolite
- Small backpack style tent w/ fly & ground sheet
- Long john style wetsuit/boots for cold months *optional
- Long pants (one light weight to block the sun & one warm wool or pile/fleece type*)
- Nylon shorts or swimsuit under wetsuit
- Long sleeved shirts (one warm*/one light weight)
- Non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Warm jacket*, wind proof or Fleece, water resistant
- Pair of tennis shoes - tie on preferred or wet boots.
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sunglasses with loss protector/keeper (with UV protection
- Sun block (over 5,000' altitude - lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Rain gear by request from DVK or bring your own
- Small towel / biodegradable soap / shampoo / lotion etc.
- Flashlight and extra batteries with new bulb or head torch
- Bandana and a pair of lite gloves for sun protection.
- Personal items kit (hygiene) medicines etc.
- Waterproof camera or a very good waterproof case.
- EXTRA BEVERAGES - PLASTIC containers of liquor, BYO canned beer or soda. An adequate supply of soft drinks is provided. If you prefer diet drinks, please request them in advance. Complimentary wine is provided with evening meals.
- OPTIONAL ITEMS: Field glasses with waterproof protection, Journal notebook, book, pliers (for use in taking things from fire i.e. coffee, hot water, etc.), Day pack for side hikes & Extra Zip Lock Bags. Small travel pillow or use stuff sac with your extra clothing.
* Can be excluded during warmer weather
RENTALS - TENTS, SLEEPING BAGS & WETSUITS
Note: (See List for options for rentals) These items need to be reserved and payment is due along with your trip balance 45 days prior to departure. Be sure to give your height, weight, and shoe size for wetsuit rentals.
- $15 Three-season-Synthetic Poly Sleeping Bag
- $25 One-nite :(2-3)persons dome tent floor & rain fly. $50 two+ nights
- $10 Thermarest Sleep pad, self-inflating
- $20 ‘Paco’ Sleeping Pads (Deluxe)
- $10 one-day Long John Wetsuit with booties. $20 two+days.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Please read our cancellation policy carefully, as it applies in every instance. If YOU must cancel your reservation, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Our cancellation policy is firm. We operate under stringent federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. We incur substantial expenses before each trip departs. In the event of late cancellation, Dvorak Expeditions cannot recover costs, nor can we make refunds. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRIP INTERRUPTION INSURANCE.
A minimum advance deposit 25% of trip cost per person is required when making reservations. The total is due 45 days prior to trip. Contract deposit negotiations on groups. When cancellations are made more than 45 days before the trip - all moneys are refunded LESS a $100 per person fee. If cancellation is made less than 45 days before the trip, the deposit of 25% per person is non-refundable. With less than 14 days’ notice, NO monies are refunded (this includes all credit card charges).
By Plane: The closest airport is Denver International. Arrive the day prior to your trip. You will need to arrange for a rental car from this point. You will be traveling approximately 3 hours west on I-70 towards Dillon, CO Go north from Dillon towards Kremmling. Your river trip will begin Just 12 miles southwest of Kremmling at river put in BLM site (Pump house) at 8:30am the day your trip begins. Dvorak’s will make shuttle arrangements for your vehicle to be shuttled to the finish point through The CO Shuttle Service. The cost will vary with the trip length. You can arrange to leave any personal gear at your lodging until the finish of the trip or in your vehicle that will be at the trip’s end.
By Car: You will need to arrive at the put-in (see map-the Pump house) by 8:30am the morning your trip begins. Report to your Dvorak trip leader near the river put-in. The guides will assist you in packing your personal gear into dry bags and issue any rented items for your packing as well. PLEASE CONFIRM ALL CAMPING RENTALS AND VEHICLE SHUTTLE ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR TO TRIP MEETING.
Alternatively, you can arrive at the BLM PUMPHOUSE LAUNCH SITE, put-in the night before the trip begins, where camping is an option. There are only primitive amenities at the campsite. We can arrange to have your vehicle shuttled to the take-out point. There is an additional charge for this shuttle service per vehicle: cost depends on the length of your trip. Any personal items should be stored in your vehicle unless you make alternate arrangements prior to your trip.
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AT TRIP’S END
Although you can usually make a connecting flight home from Grand Junction, CO, 2 hours from take out, closest airport before 7:00 p.m. on the last day of the trip, but, we recommend you fly out the following morning in case inclement weather or other circumstances delays your arrival at the airport (Denver is 4 hrs from takeout). Remember, "River Time" is unpredictable.
We recommend the following for pre-and post-trip:
Grand Vista Hotel
752 Horizon Drive
Grand Junction, Co 8150
(800) 800-7796 or (970)241-1077 fax
For Little Gore Canyon, only one available near put-in
Bob’s Western Motel
110 West Park Ave. (Hwy 40 West of Town
Kremmling, CO 8045
Historic Hotel Colorado
526 Pine Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
Hot Springs Lodge & Pool
P.O. Box 308
Glenwood Sps, CO 81602
Most Major motels are available in the Dillon and Grand Junction, CO area, also a variety of restaurants to choose from. Kremmling: The Wagon Wheel and The Moose are great breakfast and evening meal options.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
WE‘VE GOT SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.
NEED HELP PLANNING YOUR TRIP?
LEAVE A REVIEW