Instructional Kayak/Raft/SUP | Multi-Day | Green River, UT
INSTRUCTIONAL RAFT, KAYAK OR STAND-UP PADDLEBOARD TRIP ON GREEN RIVER IN UTAH
5 or 6 Day Clinics: Raft Supported
DVK will teach you how to kayak, raft, and standup paddleboard. Our Paddling School has a variety of programs to fit your needs. Our paddling clinics vary from a half-day introductory lake session covering basic kayaking, stand up paddling, or rafting in Colorado waters. We even offer 12-day paddling intensive course, and recommend at least a 3-7 day clinic to get the most value from your time on the water.
We will teach you the strokes and strategies you’ll need to learn how to guide yourself or others through flat-water or rapids. This is a unique and exhilarating way of learning and experiencing the water regardless of age or previous level of paddling.
You can also choose the craft of your choice, kayak, SUP, raft, or all 3! Our instructors are happy to share with you their knowledge about the most efficient techniques and important judgment calls you need to know to be a safe and proficient boater.
We will schedule pre-trip meetings to check our lists and finalize last minute details before your shuttle flight to the river launch sites. When you get to the river we will fit you out with your personal flotation device (PFD), issue your waterproof bag for personal gear, confirm your camping equipment is there (tents/sleeping bags/pads/rain gear/wetsuit/boots etc.), and gather everyone to the circle for introductions and a river safety talk.
The meals are planned with lots of fresh and hearty vegetables and salads. Gourmet selections for the delight of our guests throughout the journey. Your guides will be in charge of all preparations and they will amaze you with what comes out of those dutch ovens!
We can accommodate special diets with advance notice and the menu almost always suits the vegetarian.
Dvorak’s will provide complimentary wine for dinners. You’re welcome to bring alcohol on multi-day expeditions, as long as it’s in unbreakable containers. Discretion in alcohol consumption during whitewater days is strongly advised. If you would like us to pick up a particular beer and bring it to the river, please advise and payment can be made for your purchase at the river put-in with your Trip Leader.
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.
- $45 per-day Drysuits (gasket damage additional)
- $75 One-day Inflatable Kayak ‘Duckie’ 1 or 2 man w/ paddle, pfd, helmet ($50 boat only)
- $85 One-day Hard-shell Kayak: Floatation, paddle, pfd, helmet, spray skirt (Boat only $50)
- $6 ea. One-day for any accessory item: PFD, Helmet, Spray Jacket, Paddle
THE TRIP PACKAGE
The following are included in your Dvorak Expedition: All boating equipment/life jackets/drinking water.All on-river meals (lunch day 1 through lunch last day).By arrangement prior to the trip rain jacket with pants. Eating utensils, plates, complimentary Dvorak souvenir cup, Waterproof dry bags (3.3 cu.ft) for personal gear. Rain tarps for shelter in the kitchen area.
DVK WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
We furnish rugged inflatable self-bailing rafts 12 to 16 feet in length. We provide all necessary river equipment, PFDs (Type V), waterproof dry bags for personal gear, first-aid and safety supplies. There is a guide on every raft and ratio of 1 to 4 on any instructional clinic. In addition, we have rental equipment that consist of tents, sleeping bags, pads, and ground sheets. We also have wetsuit and boot rentals available per day or trip. You can choose to be either in a paddle raft (participatory) or an oared raft, (passenger). Paddle rafts have 4 to 6 persons and 1 guide.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Transportation to the arranged meeting point or put-in
- Pre and post meals and lodging near the arranged meeting point
- Personal clothing and other sundry items (See list)
- Possible shuttle of personal vehicle to take out locations. (Request details)
RIVER TRIP EQUIPMENT LIST
Please limit your gear to 30 pounds in weight. Drybag is 3.3cu-ft. It should be able to be packed into a standard duffel bag. This list should cover everything for a safe, comfortable trip.
- Compact synthetic filled sleeping bag (not down)
- Sleeping pad (backpack size) inflatable/insolite
- Small backpack style tent w/ fly & ground sheet
- Long john style wetsuit/boots for cold months *optional
- Long pants (one light weight to block the sun & one warm wool or pile/fleece type*)
- Nylon shorts or swimsuit under wetsuit
- Long sleeved shirts (one warm*/one light weight)
- Non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Warm jacket*, wind proof or Fleece, water resistant
- Pair of tennis shoes - tie on preferred or wet boots.
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sunglasses with loss protector/keeper (with UV protection
- Sun block (over 5,000' altitude - lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Rain gear by request from DVK or bring your own
- Small towel / biodegradable soap / shampoo / lotion etc.
- Flashlight and extra batteries with new bulb or head torch
- Bandana and a pair of lite gloves for sun protection.
- Personal items kit (hygiene) medicines etc.
- Waterproof camera or a very good waterproof case.
- EXTRA BEVERAGES - PLASTIC containers of liquor, BYO canned beer or soda. An adequate supply of soft drinks is provided. If you prefer diet drinks, please request them in advance. Complimentary wine is provided with evening meals.
- OPTIONAL ITEMS: Field glasses with waterproof protection, Journal notebook, book, pliers (for use in taking things from fire i.e. coffee, hot water, etc.), Day pack for side hikes & Extra Zip Lock Bags. Small travel pillow or use stuff sac with your extra clothing.
* Can be excluded during warmer weather
Note: (See List for options for rentals) These items need to be reserved and payment is due along with your trip balance 45 days prior to departure. Be sure to give your height, weight, and shoe size for wetsuit rentals.
- $15 Three-season-Synthetic Poly Sleeping Bag
- $25 One-nite :(2-3)persons dome tent floor & rain fly. $50 two+ nights
- $10 Thermarest Sleep pad, self-inflating
- $20 ‘Paco’ Sleeping Pads (Deluxe)
- $10 one-day Long John Wetsuit with booties. $20 two+days.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Please read our cancellation policy carefully, as it applies in every instance. If YOU must cancel your reservation, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Our cancellation policy is firm. We operate under stringent federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. We incur substantial expenses before each trip departs. In the event of late cancellation, Dvorak Expeditions cannot recover costs, nor can we make refunds. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRIP INTERRUPTION INSURANCE.
A minimum advance deposit 25% of trip cost per person is required when making reservations. The total is due 45 days prior to trip. Contract deposit negotiations on groups. When cancellations are made more than 45 days before the trip - all moneys are refunded LESS a $100 per person fee. If cancellation is made less than 45 days before the trip, the deposit of 25% per person is non-refundable. With less than 14 days’ notice, NO monies are refunded (this includes all credit card charges).
WE‘VE GOT SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.
NEED HELP PLANNING YOUR TRIP?
LEAVE A REVIEW