The Arkansas River offers Gold Medal fishing and the best Trout fishing in Colorado. These float fishing trips will take you down the river to otherwise inaccessible fishing sections.
Beginner Fly Fishing Clinic
Make sure you secure your Colorado Fishing License online!
- Half Day - 3.5 Hours
- Adult Ages 13+
Learn To Fly Fish!
If you’re just getting started or need to work out some casting bugs, then the Beginner Wade Fishing Clinic is for you. Beginning fly fishers learn how to rig and cast their fly rod and intermediate fly fishers fine-tune their technique.
Students learn the basic cast, roll cast, haul, and double haul. How to load the rod, handle the line and manage the fish. They will learn under what conditions to use each cast and will have lots of time to practice with their rod and also try out some other rods.
This is an introductory course in the basics of fly fishing.
- In these 3 hours we will work on presentations on the selection and rigging of equipment, aquatic insects (flies) and their imitations, and trout behavior.
- Following a basic casting clinic on dry land to get the feel of the rod motion.
- The class will adjourn to the river or lake for demonstrations on reading the water, line management, and fly presentation. No guarantee to catch fish but you will learn how to cast and present for success in future experiences.
* Catch & release
* Artificial flies and lures only
* You must purchase a valid Colorado fishing license – we will include a link in your confirmation email
* Gratuities are not included in the trip cost
Again, you must purchase a valid Colorado fishing license prior to check-in. We will include a link to purchase in your confirmation email.
Fishing gear, rod, reel, and waders if needed. We’ll have different rods to try out, flies, or training items. You can bring your own fishing equipment to use (if you’d like) and our guide will advise on what works best for Trout Fishing in Colorado.
No lunch is provided so bring a personal water bottle & snacks!
Our guides are experienced men and women skilled at handling their craft. They all have current first aid and CPR training and have fulfilled guide qualification requirements in the states of Colorado, Utah, and New Mexico. Trip Leaders have thousands of river miles of experience on all classes of rivers including all those Dvorak Expeditions run.
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.