The Teenage whitewater course is designed to teach the value of river wilderness, ecology, minimum impact camping, preservation of these resources, and encourage strong self-esteem.
Swiftwater Rescue Technician – Advanced Course (SRT-A)
Certified by Rescue 3 International
- 3 Days
- Adult Ages 18+
- Equipment Rentals
- PFD and Helmet Rentals
- Wetsuit and Boots Rentals
- Dry Suit Rental Kokatat full drysuit with feet: No liner will be included. Must bring underwear / fleece to wear under drysuit.
The prerequisite for this course is SRT-Unit 1
- SRT-A integrates techniques learned in the SRT-1 course, as well as advanced river/flood situations and high-angle rope techniques.
- Prerequisites: SRT-Unit 1, Current River Guide, completed guide school, some rescue training in the use of throw bags, basic knots, and anchors.
- This is the second of the two courses needed by fire personnel to complete the requirements for the NFPA 1670 Standard in water for the Technician Level.
An Internationally recognized water rescue certification that is written for Professional BOATERS, by Professional BOATERS. It is a fast-paced, scenario-based course designed to develop the ability to choose good actions when a river rescue is necessary. This curriculum is for river guides and kayakers that spend a good portion of their lives on the river in a professional capacity, and therefore have a solid base of boating and basic rescue skills already.
This energetic, and physical curriculum will be challenging and focused on quick reaction time with a thorough understanding of options and resources. The skills testing component will emphasize knowing your own limits, skill level, knowledge of basic rope skills, and the ability to execute a rescue as part of a team. The challenges of responding at night are highlighted in the night op. The task book at the end lays out easy ways to keep your certification current with continuing education and testing day options. This three-day, intensive and comprehensive course takes professional certification for the professional boater to a whole new level.
Includes 30 hours of instruction, books, handouts, testing, certification materials, patches, and ID cards. Written and practical tests must be completed prior to certification.
No lodging or meals included
Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks for each day. Plenty of water and drinks are advised. There will not be a chance to go anywhere from the training sites for meals. No alcohol Please.