Colorado River Rafting Bucket List
If whitewater rafting isn’t already on your bucket list, it should be. It’s the most fun you’ll ever have. It combines fun, adventure, excitement, skill, teamwork, action, outdoors, sunshine and it all adds up to an unforgettable trip for you, your friends, family and co-workers. Dvorak Expeditions is one of the oldest river rafting outfitters in the United States. We’ll help you find the perfect section of the river to fit your experience and your lust for adventure.
The best river rafting trips in Colorado and beyond
There are approximately 158 named rivers in Colorado. Here’s our top five river rafting experiences that everyone should have on their bucket list:
- Arkansas Rivers Royal Gorge – This is for experiences paddlers only. This section of the Arkansas river has just been opened up again to commercial rafting companies, so if you’ve been itching to get out and test your paddles against class V rapids, now is your chance.
- Gunnison River Gunnison Gorge – The narrow river corridor of the Gunnison Gorge creates exciting white water thrills river rafting in Colorado as the class II-IV rapids wind into the 2,800ft high walls of Black Canyon. Trust our experienced Gunnison Gorge guides for your rafting experience! Add a hike, horseback ride or world class fly fishing to your Gunnison Gorge adventure.
- Green River Desolation and Grays Canyon – this is the perfect family friendly river rafting adventure. It’s a scenic paddle down the deepest canyons where you’ll experience Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservations, cottonwoods and box elder, willow and sagebrush. Keep your eyes peeled for mule deer, mountain lions and bobcats and follow the path of Butch Cassidy and the “Wild Bunch” as you float through this wild, desolate region of the Green River. You’ll also get your paddle on as we hit class III rapids along the way.
- San Miguel River – This river is highly overlooked when you go to book your river rafting vacation. This slow river winds it’s way through the Telluride mountain terrain ending in the world famous Dolores River. As you navigate your raft down the San Miguel you’ll see scenic sandstone canyons and mysterious granite passages. But don’t get too caught up in the beautiful scenery, you’ll need to focus when you hit the class II-III rapids.
- Upper and Lower Colorado River – As Sam Jackson said in Jurassic Park “hold on to your butts”, cause the 90 miles of whitewater rafting on the Colorado river brings rapids from class II all the way to class V+. This river has everything you could want from a white water rafting experience. It has something for the first time rafter to the experienced, high adrenaline seeking paddler.
Customize your Colorado river rafting trip with DVK
Dvorak team can help you customize any river rafting or kayaking adventure to make it suit all of your needs and that of your family. Talk to us about our Kids go FREE trips, for children under 12 years old.
We know where the river is running wild for experienced paddlers, and where to take families with young kids so that you get the thrill of a few small rapids as well as tranquil floats so you take in the surrounding landscape.
Call (800) 824-3795/(719) 539-6851 to customize your next outdoor river adventure.
Dvorak offers rafting, kayaking and fishing trips of the Colorado River, Dolores River, Green River, Arkansas River, Gunnison River, Salmon River, North Platte River, San Miguel River and Rio Grande River
Dvorak’s Expeditions – Est. 1969
Family Owned & Operated
Bill & Jaci Dvorak