Action Alert, Please help protect the Browns Canyon Area
Action Alert – Please help protect the Browns Canyon Area
SENATOR MARK UDALL OPENS THE DOOR TO WILD LAND PROTECTION
Colorado Senator Mark Udall is seeking your support and comments on possible legislation for a National Monument and Wilderness at Browns Canyon. THIS IS OUR BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR PROTECTING BROWNS CANYON IN MANY YEARS! Please make your comments SOON, as time is short.
The process is simple:
1. Visit http://www.markudall.senate.gov Click on Protecting our Outdoor Heritage on the left side of the homepage.
2. On the next page, click on Arkansas River Canyon Maps and Comment Form to review proposed national monument and wilderness area maps and make comments.
3. Option 1 provides the most complete protection for Browns Canyon through monument and wilderness designations. PLEASE SUPPORT OPTION 1 IN YOUR COMMENTS.
HERE’S WHAT IS BEST ABOUT OPTION 1:
Points to make in your comment:
· A National Monument and Wilderness at Browns Canyon would be a boost to the local economy.
· The proposal creates jobs and economic development, while keeping the public lands wild
· Protects and preserves the most land
· Sustains wildlife habitat and big game winter range in a functioning ecological unit
· Maximizes opportunities for all types of primitive recreation in the area
· Represents balanced access to the monument, allowing passenger car access to developed recreation sites while preserving land for wildlife
· The first three miles of the Turret Trail (FR 184), should remain open to provide access to the area. The remainder of the trail should be open to foot and horse travel only (no cherrystem)
· The fourmile area to the north provides motorized recreation opportunities on over 180 miles of trails and roads
Please include any personal experiences you have had in any of the areas, as well as more general comments about the lands which Senator Udall is considering for protection. Share this alert on your Facebook, Twitter or other social media or by email to your friends and family. Give them a chance to speak up for wild lands, as well. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS IMPORTANT PROCESS!
For more information, contact:
Grassroots Campaign Organizer
Friends of Browns Canyon
Please ‘like’ us at: